Luckily, we didn’t have to make the difficult decision on who is going home with the jury award on our own. We were blessed with the presence and expertise of the following startup experts who selected the winner of the jury award:
- Christian Segal: Head of the sales for the Digital Industry at Berliner Sparkasse
- Regine Harr: Founder of Sales 360 & ultimate sales expert
- Robin Tech: Co-founder and managing director of delphai
- Pauline O’Callaghan: Founder and CEO of Hearable Labs & alumnus of High-Tech SeedLab (formerly AtomLeap High-Tech Accelerator)
All startups gave a 3-minute presentation of their business idea and development throughout High-Tech SeedLab’s accelerator program. Afterwards, our expert jury had the opportunity to ask questions to the team presenting, making it a bit easier for them to select their favourite of the evening. To additionally address questions from the audience, each team was asked to answer the most upvoted question on Zoom.
Here’s an overview of the teams and pitches of High-Tech SeedLab’s Demo Day 2021:
- Climate Farmers: Reversing Climate Change through Regenerative Agriculture
- Circuteria: Enabling the Circular Economy through Natural Materials.
- Cliommit: Incentivizing businesses to reduce their carbon footprint
- ecosearch: The company registry for sustainability
- ImproVRse: Global event about how coaches and trainers can use Virtual Reality to accelerate the personal and professional development of their clients
- Javelin: Connecting the most engaged audiences with the best independent video content
- Gnom: Providing a metric system for the global trading and investment industry
Since remote event formats can be somewhat lengthy, the High-Tech SeedLab demo day once again turned the audience into jurors, making the event fun, engaging and worth-wile for everyone watching.
After all pitch presentations were concluded, the audience got a chance to vote for their favourite startup using an online voting tool. As a result, Cliommit was crowned the winner of the audience award. The startup aims to offer an enterprise-grade ESG investment solution that offers favourable returns for lowering your companies carbon emissions. Cliommit won a 1:1 coaching with the Berlin-based sales expert Regine Harr.
After seeing all of the seven pitches it was time for the jury members to head into their break-out room to discuss who did best tonight. It wasn’t an easy decision to make as all startups heavily improved their pitch performance and worked on optimising their business model throughout the past 10 months of High-Tech SeedLab’s accelerator program.
The jury’s rating was based on the following criteria:
- Product: Has the team communicated a clear USP? Did they clearly positioned themselves in a realistic competitive landscape?
- Team: Do the team members have the skills and experience needed to successfully bring this business idea forward?
- Impact: To what extent does the startup incorporate the three central factors of sustainability (environmental, social, economical) in their business model?
- Presentation: Presentation skills, clarity and quality of pitch.
After a fruitful discussion, the jury members selected team Climate Farmers as winner of the jury award. Climate Farmers aims to reverse climate change through regenerative agriculture. The jury award includes a €1,000 cash prize sponsored by Berliner Sparkasse.
We would like to thank everyone who participated in our Demo Day, our sponsors and everyone who tuned in and supported us over the last two years. It definitely has been an incredible journey for us and we will continue to follow the journeys of all the teams we’ve worked with.